Wednesday 3 July 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#29)

Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, the book I'm waiting on is Unbreakable by Kami Garcia.

Unbreakable (Legion, #1)I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn’t know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.

Now Kennedy has to take her mother’s place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon that might be able to destroy the demon — battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way.

I am a huge fan of the Beautiful Creatures series, and I was hugely disappointed when I turned out not to like Icons by Margaret Stohl, one of the two co-authors of the series. I guess this means I've got even higher expectations for Unbreakable, as I know the series was written fantastically, and I guess I'm holding out for Garcia to produce an equally-amazing novel. So far, the synopsis promises that it will be amazing, and I am so incredibly excited for the end result! Garcia has my fingers crossed tight with anticipation.

So what book are you waiting on this week? Leave a comment below, and don't forget to enter the 2-year blogaversary giveaway!

11 comments:

  1. I also can't wait to read this! Great choice! Thanks so much for stopping by Books, Bones & Buffy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read anything by Ms. Garcia, but I am interested in this book! Unfortunately, I got rejected on Edelweiss. But I hope you enjoy this book when you get to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icons has been a disappointment all around, it seems, but I'm curious to see how Garcia will do on her own. This wasn't even on my radar until now, so thank you!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this! The cover has definitely piqued my interest :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely looks interesting! Thank you for sharing and stopping by our WoW!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Been hearing about this one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very exciting! While I'm a little burned out on the paranormal genre at the moment, I might decide to change my policy for this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've yet to read the Beautiful Creatures series but Unbreakable sounds very interesting, too and I've also read a lot of negative reviews about Icons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that cover, it's super creepy. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I'm really excited for this one as well because I'm a huge Beautiful Creatures fan also. I'm definitely looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this looks fantastic! ^.^ I've not read the Beautiful Creatures that Kami Garcia co-wrote, but I'm glad she's coming out with her own book - I've heard her writing is great! I'm adding this to my TBR list right away! Thanks for spotlighting this book and for stopping by my WoW post. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete