Wednesday 25 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#19)

Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


A few weeks ago I read the first installment, so it's a non-brainer that I am currently waiting on Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin, the sequel to All These Things I've Done.

I'm a big fan of Zevin's novels, and when I turned the first page of ATTID, I was instantly hooked. The series follows Anya, daughter of a deceased criminal underworld boss, and the pattern of events that unfold after she tries to protect her family (i.e. her older brother, Leo, and younger sister Natty) from her extended family, and their criminal doings. Safe to say, the more they tried to hide away, the more involved they get - and not to spread spoilers for those of you who haven't read the first novel, but she gets in a lot of trouble, that leads to her being pretty isolated. The end was a pretty big cliffhanger, and I am really excited for this release, even if we still have two months to go! If you haven't read ATTID, I definitely recommend it - it is stupidly addictive! Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

Since her release from Liberty Children's Facility, Anya Balanchine is determined to follow the straight and narrow. Unfortunately, her criminal record is making it hard for her to do that. No high school wants her with a gun possession charge on her rap sheet. Plus, all the people in her life have moved on: Natty has skipped two grades at Holy Trinity, Scarlet and Gable seem closer than ever, and even Win is in a new relationship.But when old friends return demanding that certain debts be paid, Anya is thrown right back into the criminal world that she had been determined to escape. It’s a journey that will take her across the ocean and straight into the heart of the birthplace of chocolate where her resolve--and her heart--will be tested as never before.

So what are you waiting on? Leave a comment below, and happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. All These Things I've Done was really good and I am excited to read the next one! Great pick this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick! I also just read All These Things I've Done recently and I'm definitely excited for the next book as well!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I really want more people to read it, because I thought it was so great.

      Delete