Saturday 2 June 2012

Cover Wars (#1) DOUBLE TROUBLE

I've been meaning to do a Cover Wars for ages, and since today I received Insurgent by Veronica Roth, I thought hey - why don't I do my first cover wars as a double: Divergent & Insurgent, UK versus US.

       

First Divergent. Now, the one on your left is the US version, and the one on your right is the UK version. I'm honestly torn betwee the two, because I like them for different reasons. The US one reflects a lot about the novel, with Tris and Four in the foreground and the city in the background. However, the fireball at the top - I'm not exactly sure what it is meant to symbolize, but it does look nice, and it compliments the blues perfectly. Now, with the UK version, I am not such a fan of the colour scheme, but I do like the three birds there, since they mimic the tattoo's Tris gets done. I also like the little quote: 'She turns to face the future in a world that's falling apart' - for me, it makes the book more appealing, because the quote draws you in and makes you turn the book over to read the synopsis.

Although I am torn, I think the US version has got to win. If I saw these two side-by-side in a shop, I would go for that one.

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

Now what I like about both sets of books is that they both follow a theme, and you can tell without reading who the author is that they're from the same series. Now, since I haven't read these books yet, I'm not too sure what the symbolism is meant by the tree on the US one, and the leaves on the UK one, but I like it. I don't think the colour scheme is as nice on the US one as it is on the UK one, but then this time, I prefer the quote on the US one than the UK one: 'One choice can destroy you'. I like this, because it compliments the quote from Divergent: 'One choice can transform you' - it's all about one choice, and I like that.

But, between these two books, I think I'd choose the UK copy

You've seen what I prefer - but what about you? UK, or US?

No comments:

Post a Comment