Wednesday 30 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#12)



NOTE: Can I just say that I am super-freaking-excited for this book, but if that doesn't come across in this post, I'm sorry; my brain is too dead from Physics revision to properly show any emotion aside from vague indifference.
Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Casual VacancySo when I found out this book was being released, I think I, like any other Harry Potter fanatic, practically cried and screamed with laughter. Yes, this week I am waiting on The Casual Vacancy by J.K.Rowling. Here's the synopsis:

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock. Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is not what it first seems. And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

I suppose because it is an adult book, I am not as excited about this release as I am about young adult releases, but I'm still stupidly happy that Rowling is releasing another book. And after the Harry Potter series, I have no doubt that this book will be brilliant. I also like the idea that although many adults have read the HP series, this novel will give them a chance to really appreciate Rowling's writing skills on a level they might prefer.

So what are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. Everyone loves JK!:D Yeah, I think a lot of people are excited for this, but because she is the HP writer, not necessarily for the book...But I'm hoping it will be fab!

    ReplyDelete