Sunday 1 April 2012

Book of the Month: March

I honestly cannot decide between 3 books this month; it is too close to call! I have loved and rated three books a 10: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Luna by Julie Anne Peters, and The Perks of Being  Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I loved each book for different reasons - The Hunger Games because of its addictive storyline; Luna for it's grasp of the topic of transsexuality and it's brilliant quality; The Perks of Being A Wallflower for it's characters and all-round brilliance.

However, my final choice has got to be Luna. I've chosen this because I haven't come across another book quite like it, and I really did enjoy it. Although I have to say my favourite of the three is The Hunger Games, I am rereading the trilogy and I feel like it's had its turn to be book of the month, even if it wasn't recorded down at the time. I also did choose Chbosky's novel because although I enjoyed it thoroughly, it is designed for a particular type of person, and I don't think everyone would love it as much as I did. So Luna is my choice - and if you have not read, I really recommend it, especially if you're interested in the topic of transsexuality. Not a lot of books deal with it, and I think the way Peters wrote about it was unique, and I'm sure it has helped a number of different teenagers across the world understand this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment